Thursday 5 December 2013

UNDER MY UMBRELLA, ELLA, ELLA…


My schedule has gone completely to pot. This week I totally miss calculated how much studio time I had and somehow managed to miss a day.  So now I’m on permanent catch up and so far this week I’ve worked on so many bits of projects that I’m feeling confused and with little to show for my efforts!  Not a good way to work and definitely not a good frame of mind to be in.  I just keep reminding myself that sometimes this is how it goes and tomorrow is another day. Phew, that all sounds a bit negative doesn’t it, but I’m sure you know what I mean!

Anyway because of all this indecision this post is not only a bit rushed but also a bit short!

Back to the title! I love it when retailers take a product or prop and use the same object in multiples to create a display.  This technique always seems to work and usually with amazing results.  A few weeks ago I came across the Umbrella Sky Project (photo included in my blog post IN THE MIX), lots and lots of umbrellas suspended over a street.  It wasn’t just visually exciting but I remember thinking at the time we could do with a bit more of this on our high streets.

Result, my own umbrella project began! It all started with one photo and before long it escalated into a whole collection of umbrella installations - within a retail context of course! Take a look and see what you think.

PS I’m now crossing things off my list as complete. What a great day!

Burberry, Madrid

Burberry, Tokyo


Pop-up shop, Bicester Village

Vintage photo

It's raining...

Email Peter
Mobile       07907 691711 

No comments:

Post a Comment