It’s one of those certainties, Christmas is coming and over the last few weeks its presence on the high street has been steadily growing.
This is the most important season for retailers, designer makers, in fact anyone who is selling something, don’t waste it, Christmas shopping is already well underway so make sure you don’t miss out on some of that extra cash that's circulating.
Here are a few things to help get the ball rolling
- Christmas 2015 - If you haven’t sorted your Christmas campaign do it now, today!
- Inspire - We all need a bit of inspiration with our gift buying at this time of year so think about your what you're selling and who is likely to be on the receiving end of these gifts.
- Customers - Which customers are the most likely to be buying these gifts? These are the people you need to communicate with.
- Give your customers what they want but try and surprise them with some individuality.
- Plan - Make a list of everything you need to make an eye catching jaw dropping Christmas display and schedule some time to do it.
- Promotion - Don’t just install a Christmas window display and throw up a few in store decorations, you need to plan an ongoing campaign.
- Plan a launch event and follow this up with mini events in the run up to Christmas.
- Think about how you can continue to promote your Christmas offer up to and including Christmas Eve.
- Build your customer base – make full use of social media to share your news and gift ideas in fact anything that will emotionally connect you to your customers. This will invaluable for 2016.
- Add value to your Christmas offer, for instance,free gift wrapping, free delivery, special shopping days with mince pies, mulled wine, live music.
- Help your customers by promoting different gift ideas in the run up to Christmas Eve and change the products in your displays in the run up Christmas.
- Engage your customers - share your own personal tips for a perfect Christmas, express your personality through your store.
- Make Christmas shopping in your shop an enjoyable experience.
- The Big Day - no not that one, the start of your Christmas campaign, week commencing Monday 2 November 2015, no later!