Tuesday 19 November 2013

HANG IT

Sweeping the air

If you haven’t guessed by now I should point out that I’m very much into the visual.  In this time pressured world the thing that’s likely to grab our attention first will be something visual, so I love it when retailers do something different with their stores and shop windows.  I’m not sure if it’s just me or if anyone else gets this but I really notice stuff when it’s suspended high in the air, preferably over my head.

I was having a moment this week while working on a project, I think you call it distraction or maybe it was procrastination!  In my defence the project wasn’t very interesting and it’s been a long time on my ‘to do’ list. I’m currently in that slightly weird frame of mind that says I must tick everything off my list before Christmas.  Of course, I’m being totally unrealistic and can’t seem to stop myself from adding more to the list than I’m ticking off.  Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is my moment of distraction caused me to start picking out images of things hanging.

What’s really interesting about most of these installations is they can be achieved on a relatively low budget, a lot of work admittedly but the end results are well worth it.

So, here’s a collection of hanging displays and, as you will see the main principles remain the same throughout - repetition of product, edited colour palette, a shape or pattern to the overall installation and above all else eye catching.  Next time you’re putting a display together why not hang it and if you’re really lucky it might just move a bit too!

Walking in the air
Nike HARAJUKU 

Paper - simple, colourful, effective

Fish gotta swim 

Slinky

Hanging around

Shoe collection

Birds flying high

Hats off

Hang it up - Patrice Rushen
Email Peter
Mobile       07907 691711 

No comments:

Post a Comment